Does My Website Domain Name Affect SEO?
For most people knowing if their domain name affects their SEO or not is a question that puts them in a state of perplexity. Well to help with the confusion, we will be sharing some ways your company’s domain name could affect your search engine ranking.
The domain name is majorly the web address of your website that aids your visitors to reach it over the intranet or internet. It’s mainly used to identify your site, and careful selection matters the most when it comes to the success of your SEO business. Below are a few factors you need to take to heart while selecting a domain name because believe me your the success of your business relies on it.
Some important points to have in mind when picking a domain name.
- Target your particular keywords: it’s imperative to target one of your relevant long tail keywords. It helps in relevancy and also makes sense to the average person and web spiders, so it’s effortlessly crawled for greater ranking.
- Utilize Your Brand Name: You could also utilize your brand name while choosing the domain name of your site, it helps to build credibility amongst more and more people effortlessly.
- Keep it brief: Make certain your domain name is as brief as possible.
Some ways a bad domain name affects your SEO:
- Affects your brand: Having a meaningful and relevant domain name is imperative because an inadequate and irrelevant one may not just put the finger on your brand’s reputation, but is also sure to affect your search engine ranking.
- Breaks your credibility: Another thing that gets affected due to the wrong domain name is your credibility. Your website’s credibility helps you win the trust of the clients and picking the wrong domain name negatively affects your business
- Hides you from the right audience: A poorly selected or inappropriate domain name might create a barrier between you and the right audience.
From what you’ve read, I think you have an idea of how a domain name could affect your SEO, so in order to prevent you from not reaching your goals with your online business, choose an appropriate domain name.